This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) applies to all services taken from Pipe Ten and should be viewed in conjunction with Pipe Ten’s core Terms of Service.
Pipe Ten’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is provided to give the Subscriber a clear understanding of what Pipe Ten expects of them while using Pipe Ten services and ensure they comply with all relevant UK and international laws.
All users of Pipe Ten’s services or services provided upon the Pipe Ten service, must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Terms of Service (TOS).
Use of a Pipe Ten service is deemed to be an agreement to Pipe Ten’s Terms and Conditions and this AUP.
The main purposes of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is to:
- Ensure reliable service to all Customers.
- Ensure security and privacy of Pipe Ten’s systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others.
- Comply with existing laws.
- Maintain Pipe Ten’s reputation as a responsible service provider.
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of online services.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information.
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users.
It is the responsibility of all Pipe Ten customers to ensure that they comply with the latest edition of the AUP at any given time.
This AUP may be revised, without notice, at any time, at the sole discretion of Pipe Ten.
Pipe Ten support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor Customer activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, Pipe Ten do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, or other material created or accessible over or through the services. However, Pipe Ten may remove any materials that, in their sole discretion, may violate this AUP as detailed below.
Pipe Ten expects customers to cooperate with the company’s Abuse department when requested to assist in their investigations.
- Illegal Use – The use of any Pipe Ten service for illegal purposes is prohibited.
- Promoting Or Assisting Illegal Activity – The use of any Pipe Ten service for promoting or assisting illegal purposes is prohibited.
- Copyright Infringements – The infringement of any copyright or trade mark is strictly prohibited. All material published must be owned by the publisher or the appropriate releases must have been obtained prior to publishing. Pipe Ten will co-operate with any agencies attempting to assert their rights in these matters. The onus is on the customer to prove that they own the rights to publish material, not for Pipe Ten to prove that they do not.
- Impersonation / Forgery – Adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information (“spoofing”) in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Fraudulent Activity – Abusive scripts are scripts which interfere with our systems and/or the accounts of other customers, cause harm to any other computer system or user, or engage in any type of fraudulent activity.
- Privacy Violations – The use of any Pipe Ten service to attempt, whether successful or unsuccessful, to gain access to any electronic systems, networks or data, without proper consent, are prohibited.
- Threats – The use of any Pipe Ten service to commit threats of bodily harm or destruction of property are prohibited.
- Harassment – The use of any Pipe Ten service to commit threatening, harassing or abusive activity is prohibited.
- Defamation – The use of any Pipe Ten service to be defamatory of any person is prohibited.
- Obscene & Offensive – The use of any Pipe Ten service to be obscene, offensive or inflammatory is prohibited.
- Adult Material – The use of any Pipe Ten service to publish or otherwise distribute any adult material is prohibited. Adult material includes all pornography; or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of ‘adult material’ is left entirely to the discretion of Pipe Ten.
- Warez – The use of any Pipe Ten service to publish or otherwise distribute any warez or pirated software is prohibited. The onus is on the customer to prove that they own the rights to publish material, not for Pipe Ten to prove that they do not.
- File Sharing / Peer To Peer – The use of any Pipe Ten service to participate in any file-sharing or peer-to-peer activities is prohibited.
- Factual Accuracy – Material published to or transmitted through Pipe Ten’s servers must be accurate where stating facts.
- Service Access – Customers are responsible for any authorised person accessing their account and services with Pipe Ten.
- User Submitted Content – It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any end user submitted content meets the standards defined within this Policy.
Subscribers are responsible for any misuse of the service, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, Customers must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorised access to the service. In addition, Customers may not use their service to breach security of another service or attempt to gain unauthorised access to another network or service.
Login names and passwords related to any part of customer’s service must be kept secret and not be communicated to any third party. If a customer forgets or loses a password, mechanisms for reset exist.
How to submit information
Pipe Ten requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP should direct the information to the AUP Abuse Staff at this address:
Some messages may not receive a response, but Pipe Ten may use the information received at this address to aid in the development of Pipe Ten’s filter lists.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of Pipe Ten’s Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use Pipe Ten Services.
Pipe Ten in their discretion will determine whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
Pipe Ten may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue warnings to the Customer: written or verbal
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of a Customer’s right to use Pipe Ten’s Services;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal or archiving of any content in breach of our Content Standards;
- Issue of a warning to the Customer;
- Invoice the customer for administrative costs, loss of service and/or reactivation charges
- Issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against the Customer; or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as Pipe Ten reasonably feel is necessary.
Pipe Ten have a Police Liaison facility and are committed to assisting, and cooperating with, all law enforcement and government agencies in helping to reduce Internet Crime.
Last modified: 14/08/2019