In this guide we are going to walk through the manual installation process for WordPress. WordPress along with 369 applications can be installed on our Linux hosting packages using our 1-Click installer.
- Download the most recent version of WordPress to your local machine.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded WordPress-x.x.x.zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Upload the contents of the extracted folder to your domain folder via FTP.
- Setup a MySQL database and associated user, ensuring the MySQL password hash length is set to Long, PHP5.x-only.
- Set your domain name to use PHP 5.5 or greater.
- Visit your domain to begin the installation. Select your language, click Continue.
- Ensure you have your MySQL database, username and password to hand then click Let’s Go!
- Enter all the MySQL details, click Submit.
- If you’ve entered the MySQL database details correctly, you will see the following, click Run the install.
- You’ll now need to enter the new site details, click Install WordPress.
- That’s it! You’ve now installed WordPress on your Pipe Ten hosting account.
Be sure to check out the other WordPress guides.
Last modified: 04/10/2018