- Navigate to Databases > MySQL > MySQL DB Wizard
- Within the Name of database section set a name for your new database. A description can also be placed in the box below for future reference. Click Next.
- Agree to any charges if there are any.
- Within the form either create a new user or assign a preexisting one to it.
Please Note: New MySQL databases are created with the username_ prefix, where username is a unique identifier that contains either first letters of the name of an account under which this database is created, or that account name’s first letters and a unique number if there are several account names starting with the same letters. This is done to prevent the creation of databases with the same name under different users.
- To add a new user: Fill in the details and press the Add user button.
- To add an existing user: Select the user and role and press the Grant button.
Please note: In most cases you will want to use a Long, PHP5.x-only password & set the user role to dba.