PHP 7.3 is now available for use across all Pipe Ten’s managed Linux servers.
Customers on Pipe Ten’s legacy shared hosting servers simply need to enable it on a per domain basis in their hosting control panel.
Using PHP 7.3 should provide a 10% performance boost in processing time over PHP 7.2 along with a number of updates, including:
- improved management of Heredoc and Nowdoc syntaxes
- adding references with the function list()
- improved “Argon2” password hashing algorithm
- the appearance of an error return code on the function json_decode()
And some new features:
- the is_countable() function which allows you to know whether an object is countable
- the array_key_first() and array_key_last() functions that let you retrieve the first and last keys in an array
If any customer requires PHP 7.3 to be made available on their private server please raise a ticket with your request to contact the Pipe Ten support team who will be more than happy to assist.